"Content" means all content on this Site, including all information, graphics, trade marks, logos, designs, text, photos, films, sounds, software and applications;
"Contribution(s)" means anything that a user posts on this Site or sends to CSC, including any photographs, video or audio clips, comments or posts;
"you", "your" and "yours" means a person(s) accessing this Site.
This Site and all the Content on it is owned by CSC (or its licensors and content providers). All rights in the Content are reserved to their respective owners, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Any Contribution you send or post to this Site remains your property, but CSC may use your Contribution as described under "Your Contributions" below. You may not use any Content on this Site unless it is expressly stated that you may do so. Where we state that it is permitted, you may download Content for the purposes of raising awareness about CSC.
You may not:
- use any Content on this Site for personal gain, for any commercial purpose, to advertise or sell any products or services, or to promote a business;
- copy, transmit, store or distribute any part of this Site, unless we have expressly indicated that you may do so. You may not alter, modify, adapt, reverse engineer, disassemble or create derivative works of any software which is accessible through this Site; or
- collect or use any personal details from this Site.
If you send or post any Contributions to this Site or to CSC, you confirm that you are granting CSC a perpetual (and irrevocable), royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive licence to use the material in your Contribution for any purpose in any media in any part of the world. This includes the right for CSC to copy, edit, publish, grant sub-licences, and exercise all other copyright and publicity rights over the material. You also waive all 'moral rights' in the materials ('moral rights' are described in the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988).
If you do not wish to grant us these rights, please do not send or post your Contribution to this Site or to CSC.
You must not post or send any material or information to this Site or CSC that you do not have permission to use, for example clips of music videos or TV shows. By sending or posting a Contribution to this Site or CSC you warrant that:
- your Contribution does not infringe any person's intellectual property rights, which include any copyright, moral rights or trade mark rights;
- you have necessary permission from everyone in a picture or video. For children and young people the permission must be from their parent or legal guardian.
You should always give careful consideration before making public any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example telephone number, home address or email address), especially anything that could identify a child or young person.
CSC does not endorse any Contribution or any opinion, statement, or advice expressed by users of this Site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, CSC expressly disclaims all liability in connection with any Contributions made by users of this Site.
Registration and Passwords
If you register with us and are asked to provide a password, you agree:
- to keep your password secure and confidential and not allow anyone else to use your email address or password to access this Site;
- to notify CSC immediately if you become aware of any improper or unauthorised use of this Site or your details or your password:
- not to do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any password-protected area of this Site; and
- not to create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Site, or other users, or to seek to pass yourself off as another user.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that you are solely responsible for your use of this site, and that to the fullest extent permitted at law, CSC, its officers, trustees, employees and agents do not make any representations and do not give any warranties, express or implied, concerning this Site and the Content. In particular, CSC does not warrant or represent that this Site or the Content is virus free.
All software provided by third parties (for example Acrobat Reader and RealPlayer) is the sole responsibility of that third party.
Third Party Websites
This Site may contain links to websites operated by parties other than CSC. Such links are provided for your convenience only and you access these links at your own risk. CSC is not responsible for the content of any third party websites linked to or from this Site.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Statement of Intent
When you supply any personal information to CSC, we have legal obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 in the way we deal with that information. In particular, we must:
- collect the information fairly
- let you know how we will use it
- keep the information secure
Information We May Collect From You
When you contact us, or interact with us in any other way, CSC may sometimes receive personal information about you, such as your:
- email address
- postal address
- telephone number
How We Use Your Information
We use your information in a number of ways, such as:
We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your express consent. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails, or by contacting us through this site.
- sending you information about CSC, our supporters and beneficiaries for marketing purposes
- processing a grant or job application
- responding to correspondence you have sent to us
If you have consented to receive marketing, we may occasionally contact you to ask if you would be prepared to help us with our market research, although participation is purely voluntary.
When you visit our site, we sometimes collect information that enables us to identify you and provide you with a more personalised service. We also aggregate statistics about our supporters to enable us to operate more effectively, but these statistics do not include information which can identify individuals.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will keep your personal information confidential, and will not supply it to any third party without your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
We sometimes use third parties to process your information on our behalf (for example, to send out mailings, or analyse data). However, we require them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own business purposes.
Some of our service providers may be located outside Europe, such as the U.S. or Canada, and by providing personal information to us, you consent to your information being processed on our behalf in these countries.
By providing personal information to us, you consent that we may transfer your information within CSC's group of companies, and that your personal information may be transferred to a third party in the event of a reorganisation or merger of CSC.
If you are under 16, please make sure you have your parent or guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us. Children under 16 must not provide us with personal information without this permission.
Third Party Websites
When you login our servers send a cookie to your browser, this cookie is remembered by your browser which sends it back to us every time you look at a page - this is how our servers can work out who you are.
By default our systems send session cookies to your computer, when you logout or close your browser window this cookie is either changed by us or forgotten by your computer.
When you login you can choose to have your login details remembered for up to 60 days. If you choose this a cookie will be stored on your machine and the information it contains will allow you to be logged in automatically. When you logout or login again from a different computer these details will be invalidated.